DISCLAIMER: This post is nothing to do with anyone, PERSONALLY!!
I had pretty clear skin until last year. Also, I hardly broke out during my teens. But, after returning from a vacation abroad, my skin started breaking out real bad ~ first the left cheek and then right and the whole thing was like never ending. I had really painful cystic acne that would leave ugly marks behind. It was and still is really devastating.
I was really self-conscious and insecure. I hardly use to go out and take pictures ( I am a selfie addict BTW ).
But things get even worse when people especially friends and close relatives, not meaning to hurt though, keep commenting again and again, pointing towards your face. I swear it does not feel good at all. I was irritated to such an extent that I started saying that "who ever comments on my face now, they will surely have acne". I know that sounds mean but what am I supposed to do.
So, here I have jotted down few things you should never ever say to someone who is dealing with acne or acne marks. Trust me, its not cool.
1. Oh my god, what happened to your skin, you used to have flawless skin ~ I know right and I am doing my best to make things fall into place.
2, Oh My God!! You look so ugly SANS makeup ~ Trust me people say that and it hurts :( So, please stop saying that already.
3, Have you seen a dermatologist, FILL IN THE BLANK is the best in town ~ Oh really, why didn't this thing come in my mind.
4. Try this FILL IN THE BLANK home remedy, it worked for my friend ~ I am so through with this home remedy
5. I told you not to use so much of makeup ~ This is the most irritating thing to hear, I swear.
6. I think you should not use makeup now ~ Ok, so what am I supposed to do? Walk around with ugly acne and acne marks and scare people.
7. Drink lots and lots of water and don't eat junk food ~ oh really??
8. Its just acne, why are you so bothered ~ It was just a slap, why are you so bothered??
9. I can't even notice it, you look beautiful to me ~ Now, you know who says this but its not helping either honey :(
Hope, those of who are dealing with ACNE and ACNE MARKS could relate to this post and it made you feel better. Do let me know in the comments below, the weirdest comment you have ever heard.
GIFs courtesy http://giphy.com/